MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Technician I Charleroi PA USA. Our client is a leading global Healthcare technologies and digital solutions company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
The contractor will be responsible for verifying the quality of supplier materials which include inspection of routine materials, first article samples, cost of non-quality, production support, new DT development, etc.
• Inspects supplied parts used in the manufacture of high-voltage switchgear (including fabricated or mechanical parts, equipment and/or assemblies of a complex nature) using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, hardness testers and various go/no-go gauges. Performs off-site inspection as needed.
• Evaluates supplied parts against known standards (such as engineering drawings and applicable technical specifications) and dispositions accordingly. Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical drawings and schematics.
• Uses the Company’s electronic document control system to access necessary technical drawings, specifications, and or procedures.
• Uses the Company’s electronic non-conformance tracking system to document non-conformances. Documents all non-conformances relative to supplied material (i.e. supplier non-conformance, engineering error, internal damage, obsolete part, etc.).
• Utilizes the Company’s electronic engineering action request system to initiate necessary drawing and or design changes resulting from the incoming inspection process.
• Analyze data (involving supplied materials) obtained from the Company’s electronic non-conformance tracking system as directed by the Supplier Quality Manager for purposes of improvement.
• Ensures that necessary records are received from the Supplier. Reviews records for accuracy and files documentation accordingly.
• Supports the Purchasing department and communicates with the Supplier regarding nonconforming material. Follows-up on corrective action to ensure continuous improvement.
• Prepares and maintains routine inspection documentation.
• Performs first article inspection on new and/or prototype parts and documents according to established procedures. Confers with technical personnel as necessary.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED, Vocational Technical School
• One or more years’ experience as a dimensional inspector
• Must be able to use inspection instruments such as micrometers, calipers, go gages, etc.
• Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings
• Must have computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, ppt, excel, etc.)
• ASQ Certification
• Associates Degree in a Technical Field.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.