MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator located in Appleton, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability.
- Under the day-to-day direction of the Senior System Engineer; support the physical and virtual infrastructure, server applications, databases and security administration. Perform analysis, implementation, support, maintenance and monitoring of these systems while following County standards. Provide project management for small to mid-size projects.
- Plan, procure, implement, support, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot the County's server infrastructure, databases and server/security applications
- Create, modify and delete accounts for users, groups and servers in Active Directory. Implement and maintain security and standards for servers, databases and applications
- Monitor systems to ensure proper performance. Troubleshoot and repair issues, review and respond to alerts. Perform updates and regular maintenance on servers, databases and applications
- Serve as project leader of small to mid-size server related projects. Write technical specifications, coordinate resources and training, plan and perform installation and create documentation
- Perform backup and recovery of data/applications/systems and ensure its accuracy
- Document systems, applications, inventory, licenses and procedures. Create training materials for IT and end users
- Provide mentoring and technical support to other IT staff members.
- Assist in the development of IT controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Backup others on the Systems and Network teams as needed.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field with one to three years of server experience OR any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Domains, Domain Schemas, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Security Policy Configurations
- Experience configuring, supporting and securing Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019) and SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016 or 2017)
- Experience supporting and securing virtualization technologies and configurations using VMware or Citrix
- Experience working with network storage (SAN, NAS, Backup, etc)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Exchange
- Working knowledge of writing/supporting scripts written in VBScript or PowerShell
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of network systems (firewalls, switches, routers, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage/complete/prioritize multiple projects at once while also actively participating in team projects
- Considerable ability to adapt, learn new technical concepts and perform in unfamiliar environments with or without formal training
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel and crouch. Able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Domains, Domain Schemas, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Security Policy Configurations
Experience in Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019) and SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016 or 2017.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.