MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Technical Lead located in Madison, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- We have an immediate opening as a Business Intelligence & Data Management Technical Lead. This position’s primary focus is to provide technical leadership in the development of a data warehouse, data management techniques, tool implementation, and reporting and analytical capabilities. Additionally, this position will provide technical leadership in other data management functions such as MDM, data quality, and metadata management.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring team members on technologies and tools to ensure consistent and effective implementation.
- Experience in the role of project manager leading BI and data management projects.
- Experience gathering, understanding & documenting user requirements, creating specifications, designing solutions, development, testing, and implementing solutions that ensure requirements are achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Familiarity with dashboard design, full life cycle management and the application of best practices including use of visual design principles.
- Ability to establish design and use patterns for technologies.
- Experience developing technical reference models and ensuring effective implementation of defined architecture.
- Experience with ETL tools and processes including Alteryx and SSIS.
- Experience with SQL Server and related tools including SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Experience with source code management tools such as SVN or git.
- Experience with both relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience using complex SQL.
- Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, and SAS.
- Experience with quality assurance and developing standards to certify reports/dashboards/analytics for production use.
- Experience providing leadership and coordination for operational activities for production support and software upgrades.
- Involvement in MDM programs and experience implementing MDM solutions.
- Involvement in governance including data usage, metadata, data management, data quality, and security.
- Familiarity working with technology including metadata management/data cataloging, automated regression testing, containerization, and advanced analytics.
- Familiarity with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically publishing and back-end administration, effective organization of data sources and dashboards, optimization, tuning, and ensuring the security of data.
- Familiarity with Tableau development (10.5+) and dashboard usability.
- Familiarity with agile development practices, particularly Scrum.
- Familiarity with data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms for data warehousing and analytics.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence others and to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work productively with cross-functional working groups and across organizational layers with consideration for agency priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
Experience with ETL tools and processes including Alteryx and SSIS
Experience with analytical tools such as R, Python, and SAS.
Experience in MDM programs and experience implementing MDM solutions.
Experience with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically publishing and back-end administration, effective organization of data sources and dashboards.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.