MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Machine Operator II located in Parsippany, NJ. Our client is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
Role Summary/Purpose the EDM Machine Operator will work at the Parsippany, NJ, Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
Operate previously set-up electrical discharge machines, radial or straight, to shape metal work pieces under direct supervision.
• Perform fabrication of simple electrodes or dress electrodes under supervision.
• Position and secure work pieces on electrical discharge machine table with clamps, vice or fixture. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrode to insure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using such measuring instruments as caliper and dial indicators.
• Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current, frequency and electrode feed rate according to information on chart and/or knowledge of electrical discharge machining procedures.
• Turn valve to immerse electrode and work piece in dielectric coolant circulating bath.
• Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Move controls to position electrode over work piece.
• Inspect first piece using measuring instruments for conformance to specifications. Maintain measured dimension list. Inspect key dimensions on each piece and record dimensions.
• Check set-up and electrode at the start of each shift.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties..
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Ability to work 2nd shift
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.