MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Messaging Infrastructure Engineer located in Milwaukee, WI. Our client is a well-known and highly respected financial services mutual organization seeking bright, tech-savvy talent. Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive employee perks.
We seek a talented Messaging Infrastructure Engineer with a desire to advance messaging infrastructure capabilities to enable business-critical application integration.
• Provide hands-on engineering, configuration and support for some/all of the following messaging solutions: WebSphere MQ, MuleSoft, & Kafka.
• Develop and mature systems management environment capabilities & quality attributes (high availability, redundancy, performance management, security, capacity management, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, etc.) for messaging solutions.
• Provide expert-level (L1/L2) troubleshooting and drive resolution to messaging-related incidents and problems.
• Effectively communicate integration best practices with business/application team partners leveraging NM's strategic messaging technologies.
• Develop and mature resilient, highly available messaging infrastructure designs and topologies across a multi data center configuration.
• Design and build automation to consistently instantiate, configure, test, and patch messaging software leveraging continuous integration/continuous delivery technologies.
• Mature and implement monitoring solutions to proactively address potential problems and provide visibility into health of messaging infrastructure.
• Design and build automation to provide messaging-related self-service capabilities to end customers.
• Address implementation challenges associated with both large-scale, highly centralized enterprise messaging deployments as well as personalized, uniquely tuned messaging deployments.
• Recommend and deliver untapped messaging capabilities provided through NM's strategic messaging solutions.
• Provide occasional on-call support for enterprise messaging infrastructure.
• Contribute to a high-performing engineering team eager to deliver business value through technical messaging implementations.
• 3+ years of WebSphere MQ integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) and/or 2+ years of MuleSoft integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS and/or 12+ months of Apache or Confluent Kafka integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with scripting (bash, python preferred)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with automation & scheduling technologies (Ansible preferred).
• 5+ years of messaging integration and/or infrastructure engineering experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate messaging capabilities to business partners, peer engineers, and leadership a must.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of networking and security concepts.
• Experience with popular monitoring/logging technologies such as CA Introscope, ELK, Splunk or Dynatrace.
• Familiarity with delivery pipeline/CICD technologies.
• Experience operating within team utilizing agile delivery principles.
• Detail-oriented individual passionate about quality, highly available messaging implementations and delivering on customer expectations.
Nice to Have:
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.