- Experience managing projects using waterfall and agile methodologies
- Skilled at communication, negotiation, and facilitation with business and technology partners
These initiatives require a candidate to operate independently, critically think and provide leadership, quality assurance, alignment to vision/mission and follow-through on solutions to completion. The ideal candidate can work effectively with demanding end-users, solicit key requirements (must-haves) and formulate feasible/cost-effective solutions to meet the needs.
This assignments minimally requires:
Basic Qualifications (Must-Haves to be successful):
- Education and experience with waterfall and agile approaches to project management
- Collaboration, team building and communications/follow-through skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to manage resources in a matrix environment.
- Experience in managing Integrations and Application Development projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Well-developed skills with Visio, MS-Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experienced working in a deadline-driven environment, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks.
- Demonstrated competency in documenting solutions for both technical and functional audiences.
Desired Proactive Behaviors
- Work with stakeholders on assignments to define the scope and magnitude of desired initiatives.
- Work with technical leads to understand technical specifications, impact on existing environment/work and perform Business Case development and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis to guide decision-making.
- Gather key, understandable requirements to meet project activities.
- Secure appropriate resources and establish a feasible timeframe/schedule to complete the work.
- Monitor, manage and maintain day-to-day project activities and resource plans in Project Portfolio Management tool.
- Follow existing and/or establish appropriate change control processes to ensure work goes from Development to Testing to Production.
- Provide training or other support services to teams and project staff to assist them in effectively performing their duties e.g., requirements collection, design session facilitation, testing, etc.
- Communicate with appropriate parties on project needs, progress, issues, risks and outcomes.
- Successfully manage projects to completion.
- Provide Business Analysis and Quality Assurance support as needed.
- Provide Change Management support services to ensure adoption is at its utmost – communication, documentation and training to end-users.
Education and Qualifications
- Display energy and initiative in solving problems.
- Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly.
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality - demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in the work.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional - work within your team's processes.
- Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off.
- Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- Demonstrate a commitment and promote the behaviors aligned with the values of Madison College (excellence, respect, commitment to students and diverse communities and making higher education available to all) as well as the values that Technology Services (TS) has adopted to increase its effectiveness.
- 5 - 10 years of skills as a Project Manager
- Demonstrable skills in use of Microsoft Project
- Experience working with waterfall and agile methodologies
The anticipated duration of this engagement is 12 months, with possible extensions. The consultants should be prepared to start by June 12th or before
and will be required to work full-time, on site