We are looking for a solid engineer in the Endpoint space that can work well independently and develop solutions to improve the end user experience. As an Endpoint Engineer you will assist the Endpoint Experience team with many of the various day to day tasks and projects. You will be expected to be proficient in many aspects of SCCM - from Infrastructure support to Application packaging and deployment, from Software Update patching to Operating System Imaging. You will also leverage Group Policy to make changes across the entire fleet. PowerShell Scripting aptitude is a must. Desktop Virtualization experience is also preferred. Must have deep understanding of the Windows operating system to be able to both engineer, support, and analyze performance.
• Experience in desktop virtualization preferred (operating system, profile, & application delivery)
• Expertise in engineering & supporting enterprise level SCCM environments, particularly with Infrastructure components (Hierarchy, Site System Roles, Boundary groups, Site communications, Role-Based Administration, and more)
• Troubleshoot the imaging process.
• Consult and design for PXE boot, Intune and Autopilot.
• Engineer automated operating system imaging using tools such as DISM, WinPE, MDT, SCCM OSD, and more.
• Have a proficient understanding of other platform technologies and capabilities (Infrastructure Virtualization, Cloud Computing, Domain Services, Configuration Management, Automation, etc.)
• Establish Monitoring baselines with Operations team and set up appropriate alerting and triage
• Writing and deploying automation using tools such as PowerShell, Python, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, and PowerCLI
• Trained in the use of version & source control and the ability to collaborate through code with tools such as Gitlab, Github, etc.
• Skilled in the creation and troubleshooting of Group Policy
• Drive work items to completion to meet the deadlines.
• Minimum of 5 years engineering & supporting Windows client operating systems
• 5 years' experience with using Microsoft Configuration Manager SCCM
• A deep understanding how to modify and trouble shoot the OSD imaging process
• Ability to trouble shoot SCCM environment issues
• Ability to create and troubleshoot of Group Policies
• A solid understanding of Active Directory and security groups
• A solid understanding of PXE boot and how to deploy this in an environment
• A solid understanding of Intune and Autopilot
• Ability to take verbal instructions as requirements for delivery
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Ability to explain the techniques being used and document them for the team to understand and replicate
• Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while meeting deadlines
• Relevant Certifications a plus
• Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is recommended