Work shift (days/times) – 1st shift, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Is this a temp to perm position
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
• Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Drive cross-department process improvements focused on reducing overall product cycle time.
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented.
• Lead EHS projects/activities designed to eliminate hazards and improve overall safety of job operations
• Fill in as a Lead Technician as required by directing the work team, making task assignments and completing daily reports
• May participate in quality control inspections of certain subassemblies and final product
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
Required Skill Set
1. Associates degree and 5 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years’ experience.
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
8. Demonstrated technical leadership ability
1. Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields