• Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
• Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
• Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
• Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
• Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI, Jenkins, and Helm.
• Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
• Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
• Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
• Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
• Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure.
• Identify reoccurring issues and work with Technology and Business partners to remediate using leading industry processes.
• Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Linux Shell Scripting.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
• At least 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
• At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
• At least 1 year of experience in containerizing applications with Docker and deploying them to Kubernetes.
• Certified AWS Architect.
• Experience with Kubernetes cluster administration and Stateful Sets.
• Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Gitlab CI, Helm, Jenkins and Terraform.
• 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
• 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments.
• 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
• Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
• Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.