The Application Software Engineer 3 works closely with the Identity and Access Management and Security teams to develop software solutions that provide automation and delegation functionality in a complex environment consisting of a variety of systems and technologies. The individual will be accountable for developing the application, documenting processes and procedures, and assisting in troubleshooting during stabilization periods. Critical thinking skills are essential for rapid resolution and application deployment.
This Application Software Engineer 3 will develop applications utilizing Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, C#, MVC, and SQL. Experience with Web APIs, and Azure Functions/Containers, and knowledge of Identity Management systems is a plus. The Application Software Engineer is required to operate independently or as part of a team, think critically, and provide leadership, quality assurance while maintaining alignment with the college’s vision and mission, and follow-through on solutions to completion.
This assignment requires:
- Four years (8,000 hours) of progressively responsible development experience, which should include a combination of the following:
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience with enterprise application development, integrations or middleware technologies like MVC C#, Web Services, XML/JSON, Java, .Net, or Enterprise Service Bus.
- Two (2) years development and support experience in:
- .Net Framework
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL
- Web service development
- Azure Function/Containers
- Azure DevOps
- Three (3) years Business and System Analysis and requirements gathering.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a practical understanding of project management, the ability to investigate and analyze information in order to draw conclusions, critical thinking and object-oriented application development.
The position will be a member of the Identity and Access Management team and is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with peers, colleagues, other IT teams, key business areas and governance groups, as well as our hosting provider.