Accountable for analysis, design, development, implementations, and upgrades of infrastructure, software, and technology solutions. Responsible for assisting with buy, rent, build decisions; designs and documents functional and non-functional requirements with appropriate methodology. Responsible for using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business needs to improve and meet service level expectations. Typically 8+ years of experience in the role.
As a Splunk Administrator, you will function as an infrastructure engineer for the build and support of the Splunk environment. This involves designing system solutions, implementing new features, resolving complex incidents and problems, responding to infrastructure monitoring and alerts, and consultation with application support and development staff. Applying established best practices, you will take charge of build decisions, infrastructure design for larger, more complex systems to achieve strategic objectives in the areas of service management, risk management and project delivery. As a strategic thinker, you will move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Minimum 6 years experience in Systems Administration or Systems Engineering.
• Experience resolving complex problems logically and methodically, and good judgment to involve and communicate with vendors, internal teams and management.
• Highly skilled in Splunk infrastructure administration including design, installation, patching/upgrade, configuration, monitoring, performance tuning and trouble shooting.
• Ability to write complex shell scripts for maintenance automation and testing.
• Ability to design, implement and maintain Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and provide support for BCP exercises and actual disaster recovery.
• Ability to drive innovation for system improvements, determine architectural and design best practices, find automation opportunities and guide proper use of new features
• Competency in ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Change Management
• Awareness of Service Management target metrics
• Ability to work in agile teams by defining and planning work on a team backlog, and determining ways for the team to be successful in meeting its outcomes
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred (i.e. SAFe, SCRUM, XP, Kanban, SCRUMban) o Strong focus on teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ability and willingness to learn and develop new mindsets and skills
• Ability to be self-directed and collaborative in ambiguous situations
• Monitors and refines processes, procedures, and systems to optimize effectiveness and/or integrity and recommends and/or implements improvements.
• Participate in security audits by assisting investigations, evaluating evidence, developing responses and action plans, and making appropriate modifications to technology, processes, and documentation.
• Participate in defining architectural roadmaps for technology based on business needs and industry trends
• Mentoring and training of other administrators, managing task assignments, review workload and providing input to the management team.
• Manage and implement upgrades, enhancements, and expansions for Splunk Enterprise Security in a search head cluster environment
• Provide end-to-end technical oversight across security-relevant Splunk technology add-ons and knowledge objects
• Knowledge of Splunk Development, including scripting and api development
• Build custom integrations
• Experience with Index clustering
• Develop searches, reports and dashboards
• Manage access controls for the Enterprise security cluster
• Maintain documentation including Management Guides, Operation Plans, Workflows, Processes, and Continuity of Business Plans
Nice to have:
• Experience as Splunk Enterprise Security Admin in an Enterprise-scale environment
• Experience with Splunk Cloud
• Proficient with automation tools – Chef, Ansible
• Experience with Agile Management Principles
• Experience with Version Control tools – Git, Bitbucket
• Expertise in Data Management and Enrichment
• Expertise in security data sources and use cases
• Knowledge of Data Analytics
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and strong problem solving with a common-sense approach to resolving problems
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills