View all jobs
Data Warehouse DeveloperMadison, WI
Ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- The candidate will be responsible for ETL design, development, testing, maintenance, metadata, and implementation of data warehouse initiatives.
- Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Develop ETL mapping specifications for loading information into the data warehouse and for ensuring reliability of information loaded.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.
- Conducts highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements, and recommend & implement solutions.
- Works with moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist less experienced peers by providing technical guidance.
- Requires advanced skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
- Typically requires 5 - 7 years' experience or equivalent education.
- Strong skills in data warehousing process design, development, performance & tuning using the Informatica data warehousing tool suite
- Excellent skills in the architecture of data warehouse and data integration strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated skills in establishing data warehouse best practice standards
- Excellent knowledge and programming in relational data base technologies; e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Strong skills working with relational and dimensional data models
- Strong skills working with slowly changing dimensions
- Strong data management and data analysis using SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
- Knowledge and skills in the project development life cycle process (i.e., planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, support)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in requirements gathering
- Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
- Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, researching and resolving questions and problems, requesting supervisor input and keeping supervisor informed
- Ability to complete projects of substantial depth and complexity, and work with customers at many levels in the organization.