Description: Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Performs work from detailed instructions and maintains daily production output with accurate records of the work performed and other records as may be required by management.
• As required, with guidance, provide data for formal reports (oral and written) of the work. Also, prepare and submit, with guidance, appropriate disclosure letters of patentable ideas when a contribution has been made and evaluated by the supervisor.
• Limited decision making, related to the scope of the specific task with guidance.
• Mainly performing production work and may be dependent upon others for non-standard work. Slightly more than minimum flexibility and adaptability expected.
• Complies with all EHS, Training and Quality procedures and policies
• Under supervision, performs routine experiments. Adjust variables as directed and take specified data.
• From detailed instructions, set up or modify equipment, calibrate, perform maintenance and operate equipment (mainly routine tests & manufacturing operations).
• Under supervision, performs routine troubleshooting of process or equipment. Brings equipment irregularities to the attention of the supervisor.
• Use Lean tools to improve established processes and metrics in daily work. Participates in Action Workouts
• Make acquired skills or knowledge available to others; train others on manufacturing processes
• Updates OMS as needed.
• Executes Tool Qualifications and may help develop test scripts for tool qualifications.
• Associates degree in Applied Sciences (or local equivalent 2 year degree), OR a High School diploma (or local equivalent) and 1 or more years technical experience
• Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
• Demonstrated ability to work well with general direction and information
• Ability to communicate using English
• Demonstrated proficiency to utilize computerized work
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work off shift hours and/or weekends
• Strong attention to detail
• Cleanroom experience desired but not required
• Semiconductor experience desired but not required
• Ability to do repetitive tasks