We are seeking an experienced Sybase DBA for a long-term contract in Franklin, WI.
As a Database Engineer, you support database systems including analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, and upgrades. You'll apply established best practices, you will take charge of complex systems to achieve strategic objectives in the areas of service management, risk management and feature delivery.
• Execute detail database design tasks and create associated deliverables.
• Provide estimates of work for database build and configuration.
• Consult on right-sizing decisions for database solutions.
• Transition database build and configuration work to the Service Operation DBA.
• Collaborate with the other Infrastructure Engineering and Operations database administrators, as well as application developers and data specialists, on database design, configuration, and performance issues.
• Assist with the assessment of varying types of incidents, providing subject matter expertise as needed.
• As a strategic thinker, move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
• Recent experience with Sybase, and Unix.
• Basic scripting knowledge: Unix shell scripting.
• Knowledge of other database technologies is a plus.
• Basic awareness of other infrastructure technologies - for example, Websphere, Business Objects, Unix server administration, storage, or data networking.
• Ability to develop standard operating plans and procedures and coach others in their use.
• Experience with the application of Sybase database patches.
• Experience with database tools and monitors preferably Toad.
• Service Management (ITIL) • Ability to develop estimates for support or projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with immediate team members, other IS areas, and clients in other departments.
• Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of technology solutions to meet business needs.
• Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions across all levels of the organization.
• Experience or willingness to learn how to work within agile delivery frameworks (like SCRUM, SAFe, XP, Kanban etc.)
• Ability to influence and coach peers.