Seeking an experienced System Administrator/Support Engineer for a contract opportunity in Milwaukee WI.
In this role, you would join a team that provides support for a large number of third-party software tools used by programmers to develop code. The successful candidate will have experience analyzing, installing and troubleshooting software primarily in Windows but with some exposure to Mac and Linux systems.
- System Admin
- Working with developers to resolve issues
- Develop scripts, primarily in Python, for automating admin tasks
- Installation, deployment, provisioning, communication, documentation and support of the systems infrastructure, hardware and software in order to support business applications
- Deliver services by meeting the strategic objectives of the organization including service management, risk management, and project delivery
- Develops backup and recovery strategies and implements them
- Operate in any of the following specialty areas: Network, Storage and Servers, Security, Data Base and Content Management, Desktop Computing and Collaboration, Middleware, Purchased applications (Siebel, JDE, Peoplesoft), Voice
- Previous application development experience
- Knowledge on Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Scripting language such as Python
- Knowledge on Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- Knowledge of CI/CD