You will mainly function as an infrastructure engineer within Informatica Powercenter. This involves designing and supporting system solutions, implementing new features, resolving complex incidents and problems, responding to infrastructure monitoring and alerts, and consultation with application support and development staff.
You will also have the opportunity to learn and work with other BI and database technologies as architectural and engineering design needs arise. Applying established best practices, you will take charge of build decisions, infrastructure design for larger, more complex systems to achieve strategic objectives in the areas of service management, risk management and project delivery.
Acquires and maintains in-depth knowledge of one or more functional/business systems or applications. Works closely with customer representatives to define application solutions and test case creation that meet business needs. Communicates application requirements to project team members. Completes high level designs for new or existing systems. Identifies critical system dependencies. Provides business and application consultation for project and support teams.
• Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly kind, talented, and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision, yet actively interact with other team members in person or over the Internet (chat, videoconference, email).
• Work collaboratively on creative solutions with product owners and engineers.
• Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
• Passionate about learning new technologies and developing additional skills.
5 or more years of experience in Informatica PowerCenter Administration (preferably 9.x) and higher versions.
• Strong Unix scripting skills for automation of tasks, maintenance and testing
• Strong knowledge of installation, configuration and administration of Informatica
• Experience working with Linux environment.
• Ability to executed and maintain Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and provide support for BCP exercises and actual disaster recovery.
• Competency in ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Change Management
• Awareness of Service Management target metrics
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred (i.e. SAFe, SCRUM, XP, Kanban, SCRUMban)
• Strong focus on teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ability and willingness to learn and develop new mindsets and skills
• Ability to be self-directed and collaborative in ambiguous situations
NICE TO HAVE
Administration experience in other Business Intelligence technologies such SAS, Business Objects
• Experience using the following methodologies:
o Scrum, Agile, SAFe, Kanban
o Continuous Improvement
o Complex Problem Solving