As the Network Architect, your primary role will be as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on diverse and challenging engagements at the Enterprise Architecture Team reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, architecture and implementation of network enabling and related technologies (primarily Cisco). This position will also provide SME guidance, expertise and troubleshooting for events where escalation paths are needed as well as oversee and provide full documentation to existing and future network solutions regionally across the enterprise. You will also be a mentor and facilitator to assist other team members.
• Serve as overall architect and network solutions advisor to client’s internal business partners as well as assisting with external partners in support of business requirements.
• Coordinate the installation and upgrade of routers, switches, VPN appliances, proxies, wireless, video, voice, firewalls and other network related equipment in support of Network.
• Integrate client’s Wide Area Network (WAN) with its Local Area Networks (LANs) including disaster recovery sites; plan, design and install connecting LANs; assist in maintaining high level LAN/WAN integrity; and configure LAN equipment connections.
• Troubleshoots and resolves multiple complex network service devices; network security devices; and telecommunications services that require escalation from tier 2 network support; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues.
• Maintain and configure WAN for optimum efficiency; collect and analyze WAN performance statistics; make recommendations to Network Team.
• Document troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures for hardware and network problems; assist in establishing system configuration database and documentation for the WAN hardware and cabling across the enterprise.
• Conduct testing on new technologies to keep up to date with technical needs/requirements.
• Consult with other IT personnel to coordinate activities and maintain network redundancy, security and integrity.
• Work as a collaborative partner with Cisco and Symantec to drive initiatives
• Perform long-range capacity planning; make configuration, enhancement and security recommendations.
• Create and maintain VPN information, IP address management and tracking and firewall rule-set administration/maintenance.
• Maintain corporate proxy servers including, but not limited to Internet site-blocking software.
• Assist the Network Team in developing a yearly budget planning and ensure adherence to this budget, taking corrective action as necessary.
• Produce a monthly status report for IT management
• Strong understanding of Internet/IP related technologies including, but not limited to, routing, switching and sub-netting
• Understanding of core ISP technologies such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S and WAN
• Experience with Disaster Recovery technologies and Disaster Recovery testing and planning
• Experience with Firewall solutions, load balancing and high availability technologies
• Familiarity or experience with several of the following products would be beneficial: Cisco, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and Juniper
• Is a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work comfortably in varying levels of abstraction across business strategy, product strategy, high level technical design, detailed technical design and implementation.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management.
• Demonstrates continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Ability to depict technical information conceptually, logically and physically.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
• Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science or Ten years relevant technical experience in Network Architecture
Must have a EA framework Certification (TOGAF, EA3 , Zackman etc.)