The Production Operator- Regeneration prepares multiple water treatment medias using chemical processes for use at customer sites via mobile water treatment equipment. Performs quality control checks on the media and equipment prior to dispatch. Handles chemicals such as acids, bases, salts and other associated chemicals.
*Regenerates ion exchange resins and other media utilizing established procedures typically using PLC controlled equipment for backwash, chemical addition and rinsing.
·Prepares mobile units to specification, which includes proper resin loading, equipment checks, supplying/outfitting the unit with tools, test kits, meters, pumps and other required materials.
• Responsible for general housekeeping in work area, facility and mobile units.
* Performs quality control checks of the mobile units prior to dispatch.
• Completes appropriate shift and unit paperwork in SAP.
* Operates forklift as required.
* Handles chemicals as part of the regeneration process as well as oversees chemical vendor offloading to tanks and transfers. Chemicals typically are acids, basses and salts and others as required.
• May occasionally be customer site assignments for "on site" regenerations, equipment installation, etc.
*Plant Operation assignments as assigned by Plant Manager, Regeneration Manager or Shift Leads
• Follows EHS procedures and policies
*Maintains good housekeeping at all times
* The Plant Operator vacancy is an ENTRY LEVEL, non-exempt position.
*High School Diploma or equivalent such as G.E.D.
• Ability and willingness to perform physical duties such as lifting, climbing, working at elevated heights, and manual dexterity
*Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
• May require occasional site assignments, <10%, for customer regenerations; installation, etc.
* Ability to handle and lift 50 lbs.
* Forklift certification within 90 days *Ability and willingness to enter confined spaces as needed- 14"x 18" elliptical man ways
*Ability and willingness to travel for install and repair if needed
• Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record history
• Schedule is typically shift work and/or can be rotation shift. Unscheduled work and OT can be available.
* Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
* Must be 18 years old or older.