We are seeking a Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer for a long term contract opportunity in Milwaukee WI.
The DevOps Enablement Engineer will have the opportunity to engineer varying technical challenges and opportunities while providing operational excellence for several teams including cloud platform, CICD, and enablement/onboarding. Collaboration and great team behaviors are must. This role requires solid cloud experience and an exceptional level of enthusiasm of cloud native technology with a proven track record of self-motivated accomplishment. This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow cloud skill in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- AWS (EC2, RDS, VPC, SQS, etc)
- NodeJs, Java Spring/Boot
- Proficiency with modern development and scripting languages (Python, Golang, JS, .Net Core)
- Excellent written documentation skills – Ability to write succinct, clear articles
- Presentation skills – Ability to identify skillset of team, adapt presentation skills to team’s needs.
- Time management – ability to juggle planned work with ad-hoc requests
- Reverse Engineer – ability to dive into existing application, understand flow
- Assist customers via a Slack channel 8 to 4 pm
- Point teams to existing documentation and/or create new documentation for common problems
- Review and approve system configuration changes for central components
- Work with employees to resolve pipeline/system errors
- Partner with application teams being onboarded to the NM AWS environment
- Align application design with established NM best practices and patterns (CICD, infrastructure and application)
- Promote reusable artifacts to assist in delivery of application
- Help team build/troubleshoot during development phase
- Walk team through operational readiness checklist, ensure team is aware/conforming to tool