The Senior Storage Architect is an implementation architect capable of running and overseeing large projects within the enterprise. The projects will consist of design and implementation of complex projects as well as act as a project lead to ensure completed projects remain under budget. The architect will also assist the Storage Team Lead with pricing and scoping opportunities.
• Manage and oversee multiple large-scale storage projects
• Able to manage separate project initiatives from the same client and treat them as one holistic project (scheduling, conflicts, interoperability of technology, dependencies, etc…)
• Assist in day to day management of a team of storage and backup engineers for standardization and efficiency
• Drive the execution of Customer facing projects to conclusion in a quality, timely, and correct manner
• Work with appropriate vendors to ensure certifications are up to date and relevant
• Strong understanding and implementation experience around core vendors such as IBM, NetApp and VMware
• Strong experience architecting and implementing disaster recovery strategies and techniques
• Understanding of storage and virtualization protocols such as fibre channel, iSCSI, SMB, NFS and CiFS
• Experience with industry best practice as it relates to creating a solution involving core storage vendors
In-depth knowledge of storage concepts and architecture, specifically within the IBM and Netapp hardware product line. A strong understanding of data storage components and protocols along with solid knowledge of Fiber Channel architecture. Comprehensive understanding of IT processes and best practices related to backup and recovery, and SAN technology. The Architect will work in a team environment supporting an Enterprise SAN and NAS infrastructure; performing design, tiring, allocation, installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Is a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work comfortably in varying levels of abstraction across business strategy, product strategy, high level technical design, detailed technical design and implementation.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management.
• Demonstrates continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Ability to depict technical information conceptually, logically and physically.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
• Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365.
Required: B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
Preferred: IBM SVC, XIV, V7000 Storwiz, Netapp