Seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Milwaukee WI.
This role is 50% Development and 50% System Administration work. Preferred experience is AWS, but if will consider Azure. You will be on a team that manage and support developer and workstream tooling for the enterprise.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
1) Apply engineering best practices to analyze, design and develop deploy and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades
2) Manage AWS infrastructure
3) Continuously look to automate/improve current processes
4) Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
5) In a DevOps environment, move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence
6) Work with development teams to troubleshoot environment issues
• Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
• Hands on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Strong background in infrastructure as code using Terraform
• Working knowledge of the AWS stack
• Experience in containerizing applications using Docker
• Hands on experience with Kubernetes
• Experience with CICD tools such as Gitlab CI or Jenkins
• Strong development background, experience with at least one scripting language
• Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers, product managers and designers in an agile like environment
Nice to haves:
Working knowledge on Slack, Jira, Confluence