Seeking a highly motivated and passionate DevOps Java Engineer who can be a go-getter and work within a team to deliver highly responsive and quality applications to meet business needs. This is a contract opportunity in Milwaukee.
• Experience with developing enterprise applications with Java.
• Experience building applications with Spring Boot 2.x.
• Ability to understand Unit Testing framework.
• Experience designing and implementing REST based interfaces.
• Comfortable setting up, maintaining, and being productive with their workstation’s development environment.
• Passionate about learning new technologies and developing additional skills.
• Ability to comprehend business requirements and explain technical solutions to a variety of audience.
• Unix/Linux command line experience.
• Test first development.
• Experience with new technology and stack
o Kafka Streams
o Hands on experience with Java 11 features
o Experience with event driven systems
o Experience with AWS and container services (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience working on a geographically distributed Scrum/Agile team
o Ability to openly collaborate voice-to-voice and face-to-face with team members to break down work into PBIs (user stories) with acceptance criteria and identify swarming opportunities
o Ability to effectively raise impediments
o Effectively collaborate with Mentors, and other teams working on similar technologies
• Experience with DevOps processes, Infrastructure as Code and tools to build and deploy applications
o Familiarity with GitLab, GitLab CI
o Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Flyway database migration tool
• Experience with NGINX web server