We are seeking an experienced Instructional Designer will work with the Construction Execution Training Coordinator to create online learning modules, instructor-led training guides and supporting materials. Responsible for designing engaging learning activities and course content by employing instructional technologies and methods focusing on computer based training. This is a contract opportunity.
• Work with training coordinator and SMEs to outline the concept for the course medium and define the need for content delivery assessments and accompanying material.
• Synthesize and write course content based on input from SMEs, existing training material and other documents.
• Draft screen layouts, graphics, animations, and interactions appropriate to the content. Write audio script, import video and audio files if applicable.
• Provide recommendations for the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
• Analyze existing training material to identify any need for supplemental materials including exercises, instructor guides and quizzes.
• Assist with development and editing of instructional materials such as lesson plans, simulation exercises/course interactions, instructor guides and examinations.
• Proven experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
• Knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
• Must be proficient in Lectora, Powerpoint, basic HTML and flash programming.
• Experience with LMS (SuccessFactors) and Captivate is strongly preferred.
• Ability to storyboard, write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts.
• BA in instructional design, HR or educational technology preferred; equivalent work experience in instructional design and adult learning will be accepted.
• Strong written and visual communication skills are required.