This role will partner with information architects, application architects, clients and project teams to develop, maintain and integrate information logical models. Design physical models and work with database administration to facilitate the creation and maintenance of physical databases.
- Provide all aspects operational support for the SQL Server database environment. Ability to support additional DB or BI technologies is preferred.
- Monitors and refines processes, procedures, and systems to optimize operational stability and/or integrity and recommends and/or implements improvements.
- Administer audit based processes for evaluating and submitting evidence, and updating processes and other documentation as needed.
- Experience resolving complex problems logically and methodically, and good judgment to involve and communicate with vendors, internal teams and management.
- Highly skilled in SQL Server administration including (installation, patching/upgrade, configuration, monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting).
- Ability to write complex shell scripts for operational maintenance and automation. o Ability to maintain Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and provide support for BCP exercises and actual disaster recovery.
- Ability to drive innovation for system improvements, determine operational best practices, and identify and implement automation opportunities
- Competent and demonstrated experience in ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge and Change
- Awareness of Service Management target metrics
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop new mindsets and skills
- Ability to be self-directed and collaborative in ambiguous situations
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and developing additional skills.
- As a strategic thinker, you will move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Experience in the following will be a plus:
- DBA experience in other DBMS technologies such as DB2-Z/OS, Oracle, Sybase, DB2-LUW
- Experience using the following methodologies: Scrum, Agile, SAFe, Kanban
- Continuous Improvement
- Complex Problem Solving