We are looking for a senior software engineer with extensive Java experience for the role of Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). You will work under the direction of a Lead SDET to expedite and facilitate the company’s software unit testing and CI/CD efforts.
This role is that of a expert in writing testable code, constructing valuable unit tests and implementing all of the team's CI/CD initiatives within the groups that our organization supports. By being embedded within application engineering teams this individual will get to perform some hands-on feature development as well as contribute to efforts to develop a grassroots movement for sharing best practices around writing unit tests as well as testable code throughout the company.
Within the first month - Begin learning and contributing to the project codebase to which you are assigned. Become an active individual contributor to the overall project’s initiatives which includes Java/Maven for application development, gitlab for source code control, gitlab ci for continuous integration/continuous delivery and Docker/AWS/Kubernetes for deployment. You will start to handle minor bug fixes, develop features that support the project, and begin writing testable code with appropriate tests in place.
Within two months – Full integration into the project where you are capable of developing features and demonstrate your ability to write highly testable code with all appropriate tests completed. Engage with other SDETs as well as project stakeholders to define and maintain the project’s backlog and begin to take ownership of all aspects of the project’s SDLC. Begin to mentor, guide and assign work to junior engineers to assist you in your endeavors.
Within three months – Become a driving force in all aspects of the assigned project and contribute to the overall goals of the SDET organization. Take ownership of the project and work with other senior staff as well as senior leadership to deliver effective and efficient solutions by setting reasonable and achievable goals.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven results of delivering while working within an application engineering team.
- Proven experience of mentoring team members (whether other developers or SDETs).
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision. We value autonomy here and want you to be the type that thrives in that environment.
Education / Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 7+ years professional development experience in Java.
- Experience with REST / SOAP services and clients.
- Working knowledge of the Spring Framework and JUnit
- Experience writing and debugging multithreaded Java applications.
- Experience with Github or Gitlab for source code management.