With minimum supervision, works closely with users, IS team members and vendors to identify and implement business solutions. Aids in the development, and implementation of complex systems as well as maintaining and enhancing existing systems. Develops framework by which this task is accomplished. Takes a lead role and aids activities of other IS team members. Maintain and keep current all related system applications and interface documentation. The Sr. Systems Analyst, uses defined methodology to independently perform system life cycle tasks. These tasks include planning, system analysis, design, application building, testing, maintenance and support and completing special project work.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of operating systems, computer programming concepts, SDLC, databases, clientserver technology, networks, and security
- Strong understanding of project management principles and methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Experience developing in one or more of the following: 1. Lawson Pattern Language (LPL) 2. HTML/HTML5 3. SQL 4. HL7 5. Crystal Reports Experience in Lawson GHR and Lawson S3
- Experience working in healthcare IT, hospital, or other clinical environment HR business process knowledge and ability to work closely with both business and IT resources Job Standards:
- Uses methodology to independently perform the following system life cycle tasks and activities;
- Assists in requirements definition, system justification, Request for Proposal development, software evaluation, and software selection; Completes system analysis and design;
- Develops and executes software acceptance plans; Completes application and interface functional specifications; Provides input to vendors for technical specifications.
- Utilizes computerbased tools to complete application build. Participates in conversion and GoLive planning and execution.
- Develops and executes the following types of test plans: Unit, String, System, Integration, Performance.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of enduser application training.
- Assists customers on the development of their departmental procedures relating to computer applications. Participates in postimplementation review process.
- Coordinates vendor activities. Works to enhance vendor business relationships
- Takes a lead role in knowledge transfer and crosstraining of other members of the I.S. team.
- Assumes a technical process owner role.
- Regularly completes project statusing in designated Project Management tool.
- Writes production support procedures and documentation
- Uses expertise in specific areas to contribute to technical processes Effectively communicates status and resolves issues relative to production support.
- Leads and assists endusers in identifying opportunities for improvements in operational processes through the use of information technology. In doing so, performs the following activities: Works with department information systems liaisons and stakeholders to understand department priorities and requirements; Interacts with information system user representatives in identifying system priorities and needs; Conducts operational audits of systems as a means for improving system use and value.
- Completes special projects.
- Participation typically involves workflow analysis, design, general systems analysis, development of a functional specification, creation of a test plan, testing, and documentation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department standards and procedures.
- May participate in process reengineering teams.
- Responsible for appropriately communicating project status, and resolving and/or escalating issues where appropriate.
- Participates in the development of hospital information systems strategic plans.
- Assists Project Leader and I.S. Leadership team in the budget process.
- Participates in an oncall rotation.
- Four years of related work experience is required.
- Knowledge of computer principles acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other closely related field
- Proven knowledge/understanding of operating systems, computer programming concepts, SDLC, databases, clientserver technology, networks, and security
- Experience developing in one or more of the following: o Lawson Pattern Language (LPL)
Highly Desired Skills
- HTML/HTML5 o SQL o HL7 o Crystal Reports
- Experience in Lawson GHR and Lawson S3
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HR business process knowledge and ability to work closely with both business and IT resources