Sr Avaya Engineer
Sr Avaya Engineer: Primary role is to provide technical and operations support of the telecommunications and video conferencing systems. The responsibilities include the development and maintenance of standards for hardware, software, servers, peripherals, network, and leased/subscribed/private lines and networks.
Primarily responsible for:
- Engineering, configuration, administration and maintenance of Avaya S8800/Definity PBX, Avaya Modular Messaging platforms as University wide services.
- Ensure related operating environments are meeting the standards for highly-available service delivery to University users and campus customers.
- Monitor and manage the performance, capacity, and operating environment for related infrastructure.
- Provide Tier I, II, and III support and problem resolution for all related telephony and video conferencing hardware and software.
- Define and implement work flow procedures and assist team supervisor with the development of work plans and process flows for the analyst and technician functions.
- Understand and assess organizational uses and assist in development of policies and procedures across departments.
- Assess new infrastructure telecommunications technology and make recommendations to management for improvements to the overall environment and service delivery capabilities.
- Participate in the implementation of telecommunications and video conferencing projects with internal and external teams.
Other responsibilities include:
- Required to prepare daily metric threshold reporting and prepare budget estimates for new hardware and new services on a project basis.
- Authorize provisioning of new voice and data services.
- Local, Long distance and PTP circuit provisioning experience with multiple carrier diversity and advanced look-ahead routing exposure.
- Vector programming to support ACD menu structure and design, announcement placement, and intelligent routing using DNIS /ANI digits
- Support and development of Avaya VOIP hardware and software solutions
- Programming of trunk groups, DCS, DS1 interface, digital and analog lines and circuit packs within a multiple port network environment.
- Allocation of VDN, Vector, DID stations to fit a dynamic environment preferred along with understanding of proper vector structuring techniques.
- Functional support of systems using Avaya 's software management product suite.
- Must possess advanced skills with Avaya DL360’s voice switching platforms.
- Must possess advanced skills with Avaya Communication Manager 6.3.
- Must possess advanced skills with Avaya Modular Messaging Systems.
- Must possess advanced skills with Avaya IP telephony IP, Digital and ISDN.
- Must possess advanced skills with IP Voice trunking
- Must possess advanced skills with Polycom MGC video conferencing hardware and experience with H.323 and ISDN based hardware technologies.
- 10-20 years prior experience working with Avaya PBX or equivalent
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Strong documentation skills required
- College Degree or equivalent related work experience & training preferred.