Seeking a Java Technical Lead for a high-performing B2C eCommerce platform. This resource lead application architecture and development of eCommerce solutions on a J2EE, Apache/Tomcat architecture integrating with backend applications running on an IBM Mainframe.
- Lead J2EE stack application design and development activities in support of eCommerce projects.
- Provide technical leadership and allocate work to a distributed team of software developers/engineers comprised of on-shore / off-shore resources.
- Provide vision and direction on the logical and physical design of end-to-end eCommerce ecosystem to optimize performance, functionality, and maintainability.
- Provide “Level of Effort” estimates and impact assessments for the technical portion of emerging eCommerce projects.
- Lead design sessions and communicate design alternatives, tradeoffs, and recommendations to IT and Business Leadership to positively influence eCommerce priorities and solutions.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring of junior team members, through code and design reviews, one-on-one learning sessions, brown-bag sessions, and the like.
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of Java software development experience with depth of expertise in eCommerce web development. Retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with website integration methods such as js/pixels, XML/data feeds, API’s, Web Services / Web Connectors.
- Demonstrated expertise with backend mainframe integration methods and technologies such as MQ, and Enterprise Service Bus.
- Demonstrated expertise with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, SVN, GIT/Stash, Bamboo, Ansible
- Experience with commercial search/index engines such as Oracle Endeca, Apache Solr, or similar.
- Experience with responsive design, mobile web design, and mobile app design and integration.
- Experience with web performance optimization techniques such as caching frameworks (like eHCache, Redis, memcache), CDNs/edge servers, and Front End Optimization.
- Working knowledge of web analytics such as Google Analytics and Omniture
- Working knowledge of development collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, or similar.Working knowledge of security concepts such as single sign-on and data security
- Demonstrated Experience having successfully lead software development teams in an Agile team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.