Key skills: Hands-on experience publishing articles and content to electronic media such as wiki’s or websites.
We build enterprise software and conduct data analysis for the power-generation industry. We are searching for a writer/editor who will contribute to our program management team. Our software product teams use Wiki and Office documents to specify and document features of these products. As our projects succeed and expand in scale, we have a growing need for descriptive and explanatory communication products. This role has flexible hours and will support work from home part-time.
Supporting a multi-disciplinary software development team, you will perform the following roles:
• Wiki Editor: Edit articles, lists, and guides for a technical wiki site supporting multiple project teams who are building software and conducting data science for the nuclear power industry.
• Content Editor: Maintain a document management system supporting the same projects covered by the wiki site.
• Document Editor: Support authors creating technical materials. You will provide editorial guidance and encourage procedure compliance among project staff.
• Backlog Item Definition: You will define backlog items for communication products that you or others may execute.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent writer/editor credentials.
• Three years in writing and editorial roles, of which one year was in a technical domain.
• Hands-on experience publishing articles and content to electronic media such as wiki’s or websites.
• Expertise in markup, stylesheets, and electronic layout.
• Understanding of information modeling and ontology.
• Direct experience working with the Box document management systems.
• Editorial contributions to Wikipedia or sister organs.
• Experience working with software developers and documenting their process and products.
• Experience working in the power-generation industry.