As a Database Specialist with MongoDB and relational database skills, the candidate is expected to perform administration and development tasks on various databases and to work both independently as well as collaboratively with the application development teams.
• Administration of the small, but growing MongoDB installation, ensuring its availability, security and high level of performance. These duties will include database software upgrades, configuration, resource management, backup/recovery, data maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Acting as a MongoDB technical lead, providing guidelines for MongoDB use, participating in design and code reviews, training and coaching other team members.
• Applying RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL) knowledge to support development and proper functioning of the RDBMS-based applications.
• Monitoring database performance, finding solutions and implementing improvements for the slow-running operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related computer field.
• Minimum 3 years of MongoDB administration/development, minimum 3 years of RDBMS experience (Oracle and PostgreSQL preferred).
• Strong Unix/Linux skills, including administration and shell scripting.
• Strong SQL skills.
• Experience with MongoDB tools: OpsManager, Compass, Studio 3T.
• Experience with Oracle and PostgreSQL tools: Toad, SQL Developer, pgAdmin.
• Experience with very large databases.
• Experience with the cloud deployment and Amazon Web Services implementations.
• Experience in the healthcare industry.
• Familiarity with the GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes.
• Familiarity with the Agile methodology.