Performs assignments in support of GEHC product repair. A Repair Technician is responsible for repairing and refurbishing used GEHC products at the GEHC facility. This may include, but is not limited to repairing, testing and delivering repairable parts to a Global Parts Organization GPO. Key interfaces include Engineering to evaluate product design and Sourcing/Planning to forecast delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
• Testing of Ultrasound Transducers and associated devices to ensure functionality for customer use.
• Basic troubleshooting, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment.
• Complete Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction.
• Communication and teamwork are vital with various business and functions
• Order and manage repair parts cycle times.
• Keep up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintain communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
• Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
• Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated as needed.
• Comply with Health and Human Services, FDA, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
• Provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Understand how to drive product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification plan execution and analysis.
• Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
• Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Excellent time management skills
• Associates degree in technology or related discipline (or local equivalent 2 year degree), or a High School diploma (or local equivalent) and 2 or more years of relevant technical experience
• Proficiency to troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent team worker; self-motivator
• Good oral and written Communication Skills and proficiency to interpret, instruct, and explain complex, technical information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
• Good analytical and planning skills and attention to detail
• Willing to learn new process and technology as technology and process advance.
• Ability to lift 55 lbs independently
• Degree in Electronics Engineering or Medical Related Field
• Understand System wiring schematics
• Prior experience working in LEAN manufacturing environment
• Experience in a Testing environment with emphasis on finding failures.