Data Entry Clerk
Advanced Materials Platform (AMP) is an application that manages catalogue-level materials data for various General Electric (GE) businesses. Important features of the application inclusion ingestion and storage of both structured and unstructured data, search and reporting, data security, multi-organization and integration to various materials design productivity systems.
The project started in October 2017 and the fourth release is currently in development. Development is expected to continue through December 2019. One of the key deliverables for the next the 2 quarters is the entry of historical data into the AMP database. The data is stored mostly as Adobe Acrobat files but also includes many Microsoft Excel and Word files.
The resource requested in this SOW will join the existing development team and will be based in Niskayuna.
DATA ENTRY CLERK
This request is for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into defined Microsoft Excel templates and our database from various legacy formats including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory. The location for this position is GE Global Research (GEGR) in Niskayuna, NY and the candidate must be eligible to work with Export Controlled data. The duration of the position is 2 months, starting as soon as possible, unless notified otherwise. The duration may extend into 2019 if necessary.
Skill sets required:
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to business data
- Ability to work to time constraints
- 2 years of college or equivalent
- Additional computer training or certification will be an asset
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establish entry priorities.
- Transfer data from unstructured computer document formats (such as Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word) into structured computer document formats (such as Microsoft Excel) or directly into database systems using keyboards or software tools
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Keep information confidential
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Data entered into databases
- Weekly Progress Reports