The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for developing and leading end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up & delivery of goods. This includes responsibilities for logistics Costs to meet budgets and Op Plans in their area of responsibility, and initiating improvements in logistics operation, and facilitates a strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders.
• Responsible for On Time Shipment / SCOT for transportation
• Overcome road blocks to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers’ requirements
• Drive warehousing optimization/Lean projects - Establish and maintain ISO/GAC approved procedures for all operations
• Develop, coach and lead consolidation team, setting measurable goals and objectives to evaluate success.
• Manage drop shipments to our end customers in the US by setting up routes within TMS and freight forwarders.
• Manage outbound flow through network design in TMS to Canada and Latin America.
• Increase our on-time shipments to internal/external customers through TMS and network redesign.
• Change mindsets, habits, and work processes, through leadership and creating a team orientated work environment where one goal is to service our customer first time, on time, and error free.
• Develop action plans around reducing waste, errors, and rework on #PL internal processes
Quality Specific Goals: 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required. 4. Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues. 5. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of work experience in logistics, material management, warehousing, or supply chain management
2. 10-15 years of progressive experience working in logistics, materials management, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Materials or Supply Chain Management.
2. Minimum of 7 years of operational logistics, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
3. Lean Expertise, including Lean Six Sigma process methodology.
4. Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different counties and cultures.
5. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization.
6. Proven ability to execute, multi-task, and deliver on commitments.
7. Experience working in a compliant supply chain.8. Expertise in P&L management and cost control (VCP), Process Development, and Work Flow Design a plus!