This role supports the development/evolution of CICD/DevOps Tools and Processes using a hybrid model of in-house and cloud-based computing resources, for our software product releases. This role will also impact our cloud architecture and deployment processes for our product roadmap. We expect this individual to be self-motivated, and to require very little supervision. The DevOps Engineer is expected to embrace and drive a culture of continuous improvements in cloud architecture as well as builds, integration and testing of software products. The incumbent will work with several project teams to drive the DevOps activities and report accurate and timely status of the tasks assigned. Will interact with all the functional departments and participate regularly in meetings with engineers and project managers.
• Provide continuous delivery mechanism for all teams and products.
• Work with teams to create and maintain continuous integration solutions.
• Provides full application development support across all environments including providing production support.
• Works with Application teams to deliver leading platforms with tight deadlines.
• Manages tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive time lines.
• Acts as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams.
• Resolves issues via troubleshooting across multiple applications.
• Deliver streamlined deployment solutions for on-premises product installations.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a DevOps Engineer role as well as application infrastructure related activities.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Chef, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting.
• Proven experience in working on AWS environments and its offerings (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS), PowerShell, Load balancing, Firewall and DNS.
• Prior experience with tools such as Jenkins and setting up CI/CD pipeline.
• Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP.
• Prior experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability.
• Knowledge of Cloud APIs and Cloud technologies with some .NET & C# programming experience.
• Knowledge of OWASP and security best practices.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
• Exposure to public cloud and cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS or any other "Infrastructure as a Service" providers.
• Knowledge of LAN WAN Network, VPN and IPSEC.
• Use of Cloud APIs to automate provisioning and deployments.
• Normal Office setting.
• Frequent sitting at a desk.