MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Manager, Clinical Informatics - Perioperative
Responsible for the Clinical Informatics department's optimal performance in the implementation and support of the electronic medical record. Ensures the optimal performance of Clinical Informatics including service, quality, regulatory compliance and efficiency. Performs in a way that supports Client's strategic vision in priority areas. Continually seeks improvement using process improvement tools such as Six Sigma, CAP and WorkOut. Able to mobilize staff resources, establishes trusting relationships, manages people well, demonstrates emotional intelligence capability. This individual must be able to apply principles of leadership, human relations, and Clinical Informatics / System Life Cycle concepts in the overall supervision and coordination of Clinical Informatics personnel. Collaborates with Clinical Informatics leadership to develop internal staff and assign departmental resources to projects and activities based on the prioritization of enterprise projects, departmental needs, and individual needs. Other duties as assigned.
- Needs to be a hands-on manager who can work with the team on builds
- Clinical experience or background
- Certified in Optime preferred (or Anesthesia)
- Must show an understanding of working with business units
- Will have 8 direct reports - all Clinical Application Analysts
- Minimum of five years work experience in clinical application support or project management is required.
- A minimum of 2-4 years in a senior, team lead or supervisory position is required. Clinical background is preferred.
- EPIC Optime Anesthesia Certification is required. Effective problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of IT application, infrastructure, and security requirements. Ability to manage multiple complex projects/issues effectively.
- The ability to translate clinical expertise to Epic application. Strong leader that creates an environment of trust, motivation and innovation.
- Working leader that is capable of supporting build and application expertise. Understanding of Epic tools and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical discipline, Computer Science or Healthcare related field or acquired through a combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Clinical discipline, Computer Science or Healthcare related field is preferred.