2nd - Monday thru Friday 2pm-10:30pm - Vegas Wet Chem Technician
Requirements include but are not limited to Process monitoring of a chemical system (Wet Chem, Filter Press, Freeze & Waste Neutralization), Data Collection, Product Sampling, Analytical testing (Particle Size Analysis & ICP), Chemical handling (Both liquid and solid). Ensuring all incoming raw material to the operation have been properly tested and approved before use. Raw material transport and delivery to the reactor system (pallet jack and overhead crane), material handling between the filter press and freeze processes. As a production technician, your responsibilities will stretch beyond making daily output targets by being involved with trouble shooting and working with the engineering team.
Chemistry background, preferably in a MFG environment, NOT LAB!
MFG assembly experience, not looking for a test tech!
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 2 years technical experience (preferably in Chemistry).
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
5. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
6. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
7. Ability to work with a Diverse team over several shifts of operation
Description: Perform diverse and complex assignments in support of CTD production in the Wet Chemistry department manufacturing scintillators used to fabricate high precision x-ray sensitive devices. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: Raw Material Acceptance activities, operating chemical mixing equipment, Safety, Lean, cost reduction activities, scrap, NCM, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.