You will bring your skills in Virtualization (VMWare), Operating Systems (Windows, Redhat), databases (SQL Server and Sybase), expertise in PowerShell, PowerCLI along with experience in sizing Infrastructure, architecting High Availability and Disaster recovery solutions on platforms from DELL/EMC and HPE.
You will be responsible for design, sizing, automation, implementation and testing of Reference Architectures based on multiple Enterprise Imaging products. This is a senior level and hands-on role with 75% of time spent on architecting and coding.
In this role, you will:
• Engage with global Solution Architects and Service organizations in understanding deployment scenarios and architecting integrated reference infrastructure and EIS product solutions.
• Own infrastructure sizing tools/spreadsheet to help Sales organization in developing right sized infrastructure quotes based on performance test collateral.
• Drive performance testing of the architected reference architectures working with a team of performance test engineers to provide backing to the sizing tool.
• Architect and develop automation of install, configuration and integration of EIS product portfolio from the HyperVisor layer to fully integrated cookie cutter reference architecture deployments using PowerShell and other scripting languages.
• Lead and guide a team 5 automation engineers.
• Perform impact assessment on solutions from changes in OEM (servers, storage, VMWare, etc) products, especially cross-product dependencies that can potentially break the reference architectures.
• Review sales proposals from technology perspective to identify variation from standard reference architectures and assess impact for viability of the proposed solution configuration being sold.
• Drive automation in testing of reference architectures by developing automated test harness.
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Lead and provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 remote engineers with planning and execution of reference architecture viability and performance testing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in infrastructure related engineering activities with more than 3 years in Architect role
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel less than 15%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL
• Expertise in scripting languages such as PowerShell, PowerCLI, etc.
• Knowledge of SQL and bash.
• Experience installing and configuring Operating Systems such as Windows Server and RedHat Linux
• Experience installing and configuring SQL Server, Sybase
• Experience with HA and DR
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Professional attitude who prefers making data backed decisions. This is a position of high responsibility.
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to break down work into tasks and develop a detailed plan.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to articulate architecture, design and rationale to other senior engineering team and Solution Architects.
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.