PERL Python Developer
Looking for experienced PERL, Python, C++ software engineers focused on supporting infrastructure development of computer platforms. Candidates need to have strong design as well as implementation skills in these or equivalent areas. Need to support the entire software development lifecycle from requirements, design, implementation and testing. Testing will involve implementing automated testing at both the software unit as well as system level using technologies such as BDD, xUnit and custom tools.
Responsibilities and/or Tasks to be Performed
Individual will work within an existing software engineering team. The team follows an Agile Scrum process for planning and executing tasks on a 3-week Sprint cadence. Work within a Sprint falls into one or more of the following areas:
• Creating and documenting software designs
• Holding design and code reviews
• Implementation of new software functionality
• Implementation of fixes for software bugs
• Implementation of automated unit tests (e.g. xUnit)
• Implementation of automated BDD tests
• Implementation of performance and reliability tests
• Documenting and executing manual test procedures
• Strong Perl, Python, C++ design and implementation skills for infrastructure components
• Experienced with networking technologies IP and TLS
• Experienced with Docker and Docker containers
• Experienced with Linux development and environments
• Experienced with service-oriented architectures and microservices
• Able to develop using Git for software configuration management
• Able to implement automated tests using BDD and xUnit frameworks
• Experience with diagnostics and web-based administration tools
• Experience with hardening devices
These contractor positions will be joining an existing software development team. The software development team is one of many teams working on the AMS program developing a new patient monitoring system. The new patient monitoring system consists of three basic subsystems:
1. _Hub_ - A mobile device that acquires and displays physiological data for a single patient.
2. _Viewer_ - A web-based viewer application that allows clinicians to view multiple patients by displaying the data provided by each Hub associated with each patient.
3. _Platform_ - A collection of microservices that provide the backend functionality that support the Viewer and Hub subsystems.
The work for this team falls into general areas:
Compute platform – OS though Docker environment and management
Servicing the platform – Web-based administration (open-source, PERL-based Webmin) and System Diagnostics
This team works solely on the _Platform_ subsystem
Much of the implementation of the Compute Platform Software Units are in place, however the AMS Program is still in the early phases of overall system integration. Therefore, much of the work involves creating automated white and black box tests using BDD and xUnit frameworks.
None of the Servicing of the platform has been implemented yet.