Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The main responsibilities of this position are to manage BI projects, act as a team lead for a small team, and provide coordination of governance activities
- Ability to plan, lead, organize, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering BI projects that provide exceptional business value to the agency.
- Experience leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple agile teams using Scrum/agile methodologies with BI projects.
- Knowledge of both agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Experience defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans; and performing delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Experience in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Experience assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Sufficient level of technical background with BI and data management to provide highly-credible leadership to technical teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Experience coordinating BI governance groups and activities including data usage, security, key decisions, issues identification/resolution, guiding principles, decision escalation/recommendations on policies and procedures, and to drive quality and consistency
- Support the product owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence others and to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to work productively with cross-functional working groups and across organizational layers.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in agile project management tools such as Jira or equivalent.
- Has a bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required. Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.