MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Business Objects Specialist
- This position will provide advanced Business Objects universe design and report development expertise with the primary customer being Department program, policy, and research staff.
- An advanced skill set in Business Objects universe design and report development is required. This individual will follow standards to design, develop, test and implement reports and documentation.
- The selected contractor is required to show proof of experience in designing and implementing Business Objects universes and reports. Preference will be given to qualified candidates with Tableau, Xcelsius and/or SAP Dashboards 4.x experience.
- Strong communication skills are required.
The individual in this position will:
- Be responsible for development and support of enterprise level applications using Business Objects.
- Work with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand reporting and data analysis needs. Work closely with Business Analyst and customers in the gathering of requirements for reports and dashboards. Have extensive experience working with WebI Business Objects tool.
- Be principally responsible for designing Business Objects universe layer for business intelligence solutions. Optimize the performance of Business Objects applications.
- Have expert level knowledge of Business Objects universe configuration (parameter settings, etc.) and universe design aspects (loops, contexts, aliases, cardinality, etc.) and row/group level universe security.
- Work interactively with both technical and non-technical staff to build Business Objects universe layer that adheres to underlying data model and effectively delivers data to end users.
- Have extensive experience working within a Business Intelligence environment and knowledge of data warehouse terms and constructs (e.g. facts, dimensions, SCD types, star schema, etc.).
- Stay abreast of releases / patches for Business Objects. Act as Business Objects subject matter expert for fellow technologists as well as end users.
- Understand logical and physical data modeling and methods for optimizing the Business Objects universe against the physical model.
- Typically have 3 to 5 years of experience with enterprise level database management systems, business intelligence tools and systems.