MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Madison based client has immediate need for Project Manager for longer term contracting position. They are seeking a highly motivated and capable Project Manager who will assist the Project Management Office (PMO) in evaluating customer needs and managing various projects including:
- Data Management project specifically implementation of Microsoft’s SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS).
- Implementation of Microsoft’s Azure Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Various Student Services projects
These initiatives require a candidate to operate independently, critically think and provide leadership, quality assurance, alignment to vision/mission and follow-through on solutions to completion. The ideal candidate can work effectively with demanding end-users, solicit key requirements (must-haves) and formulate feasible/cost-effective solutions to meet the needs.
This assignments minimally requires:
- An in-depth ability and knowledge of Project Management methodology.
- Knowledge of Business Analysis responsibilities.
- An in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance principles.
- Willing to commit to the project timeline up to 12 months or longer.
- Collaboration, team building and communications/follow-through skills.
Basic Qualifications (Must-Haves to be successful):
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong Business Analysis abilities.
- Ability to manage resources in a matrix environment.
- Strong Leadership abilities.
- Experience in managing Integrations and Application Development projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Well-developed skills with Visio, MS-Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experienced working in a deadline-driven environment, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks.
- Demonstrated competency in documenting solutions for both technical and functional audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders on assignments to define the scope and magnitude of desired initiatives.
- Work with technical leads to understand technical specifications, impact on existing environment/work and perform Business Case development and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis to guide decision-making.
- Gather key, understandable requirements to meet project activities.
- Secure appropriate resources and establish a feasible timeframe/schedule to complete the work.
- Monitor, manage and maintain day-to-day project activities and resource plans in Project Portfolio Management tool.
- Follow existing and/or establish appropriate change control processes to ensure work goes from Development to Testing to Production.
- Provide training or other support services to teams and project staff to assist them in effectively performing their duties e.g., requirements collection, design session facilitation, testing, etc.
- Communicate with appropriate parties on project needs, progress, issues, risks and outcomes.
- Successfully manage projects to completion.
- Provide Business Analysis and Quality Assurance support as needed.
- Provide Change Management support services to ensure adoption is at its utmost – communication, documentation and training to end-users.
Desired Proactive Behaviors
Education and Qualifications
- Display energy and initiative in solving problems.
- Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable - undertake a variety of tasks willingly.
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality - demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in the work.
- Decisive - ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options.
- Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity - act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional - work within your team's processes.
- Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off.
- Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- 5 - 10 years of skills as a Project Manager.
- Extensive requirement gathering experience.
- 1 – 2 years of skills in Portfolio Management; desired Microsoft Project.
- PMP preferred, but not required.