LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN
The individual should be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously providing day-to-day operational support to Global MR Software Engineering team with the duties include (but are not limited to):
• Responsible for Infrastructure design, implementation and ongoing management for product engineering development, build and test environments, focusing on availability, performance, security and reliability.
• As part of DevOps team, would own the Infrastructure (Development, build and test environments). Own infrastructure modifications and upgrades (Change management).
• Would work closely to triage with various teams in resolving issues spanning across regions. Lead root cause analysis (RCA) partnering with Internal stakeholders (Engineering, Central IT/Tools etc.) & external partners (OEM’s etc.) as needed and build mitigation plans.
• Maintain the highest levels of availability, capacity and performance and report out metrics.
• Abreast with the latest in Infrastructure technology, able to quickly demonstrate proof of concept, design & implement solution in a timely manner gathering stakeholders requirements.
• Flexible to provide 24x7 operational support based on the business necessities
• 4+ years of hands on experience in modern Linux operating system (e.g Scientific Linux, RedHat, SUSE).
• 4+ years of experience working on virtualization technologies such as virtual box, KVM, zones
• 3+ years of expertise in Docker container tech stack and be able develop/compose/automate/deploy/debug containers on premise.
• Experience in Jenkins infrastructure setup, maintaining complex Jenkins deployments and operationalization.
• Experience in UNIX scripting such as bash, csh, perl, python.
• Good understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management & releasing the builds across versions & environments.
• Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented and moves fast.
• Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and communications skills.
• Experience in tools like Gitlab, Artifactory, SONAR etc.
• Experience with provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef
• Knowledge on Docker Swarm PAAS models and Kubernetes
• Experience with ELK and Grafana technology stack(s)
• Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
• Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
• An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
• The ability to take an idea and run with it to finish line, while also being a great team player