Responsible for providing mechanical designs for existing products within the MRI business. In addition, they should be also responsible for proofing other designers work. They may work independently or in conjunction with Engineers. Make required calculations and assist with analyzing results.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
• Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products
• Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
• Verify that all drawings convey accurate information
• Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
• Coordinate tasks and materials required to define geometrical measurements
• Check design work of other engineering department members including callouts, dimensioning, and other outputs as requested to comply with EHS regulations and policies.
1. Associates degree in Mechanical, or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility, and a minimum 1 year of related experience or equivalent
2. Detailed knowledge and proficient with SolidWorks/SmartTeam and Creo/Winchill CAD.
3. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
4. Experience with electronics fab drawings.
5. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
6. Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal
1. Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes
2. Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
3. Adaptable and flexible: being open to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
4. Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues