Network Admin with VMWare support
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot large Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, wireless networks and data communications equipment.
• Configure networks for fast, secure, reliable operation
• Support engineering teams within the entire software development lifecycle including design, software implementation, verification, and maintenance activities
• Plan, implement, configure, scale and maintain VMware installations
• Install, configure and update 3rd party and GE Healthcare equipment in engineering, verification and other test environments.
• Plan for and purchase equipment necessary to support engineering and marketing labs.
• Collaborate with project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related computer degree
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in network administration.
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues that could be due to hardware, software or network faults
• Good analytic and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of networking technologies and topologies (i.e. Layer 2-4, TCP/IP, IPv4, L2TP, IPSec, HSRP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, NTP, VLAN, NAT, WAN, Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS) and remote access connectivity requirements.
• Experience working with Fortinet switches and routers.
• Ability to work with Unix/Linux variants (i.e.CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, Apple OSX)
Desired Characteristics • Automated design verification experience
• Cisco network certification, CCNA, CCNP
• Familiarity with VMware ESXi 6.5 or above, administration, clustering, vCenter and virtual networking
• VMWare Certified Professional
• Demonstrated effective problem solving capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
• Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
• Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and having the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
• Familiarity with the Agile SW Development process
• Ability to work with Storage Area Network (SAN), iSCSI, Synology, QNAP, FreeNAS
• Ability to work with Microsoft Server, Microsoft Domain Controller, Microsoft Terminal/Remote Desktop Server, OpenLDAP, SSO