Construction Electric Designer
Controls Application Drafter Job Description and Qualifications
Position would support the Controls Design Team through preparation of engineered design specifications around lighting control and sensor systems, mainly focused around Daintree design, but not excluding Lightsweep technology. This role specifically would support drafting and documentation on new construction and retrofit opportunities from design to commissioning.
• Assist designing building control systems with special emphasis in Electrical Engineering and CAD (including BlueBeam and REVIT)
• Utilize new construction project and design knowledge to develop system requirements and layouts for full building designs and retrofit/renovation type projects
• Work closely with Controls Designers to implement building controls and integration to energy management systems (EMS.)
• Document all suggested designs and electrical engineering specifications necessary through use of CAD, Revit, and data entry using Microsoft Excel.
• Refer to electrical engineering guidelines throughout design and implementation of management system
• Cohesively support the Design Team from initial estimation to engineered construction documents, utilizing specific electrical engineering knowledge
• Support lifecycle value/ROI models to support sales efforts
• Support BOM creation on sites for already won business
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years designing electrical layouts for construction and/or building energy management systems (EMS) and/or lighting control systems)
• Any experience in designing building energy management / lighting control systems
• Any experience in new building construction (including construction or building design field)
• Computer Aided Drafting experience with AutoCAD and Revit