Brookfield, WI based client has immediate minimum 6 month contracting need for Infrastructure or Dev Ops Engineer. This position will be responsible to ensure sound delivery of technical services providing exceptional client and customer service. You will be part of a team supporting a hosted environment that delivers a SaaS learning management platform to clients and customers across the United States.
The environment is fast-paced and supports a DevOps mindset. The infrastructure engineer will be required to learn existing infrastructure, have the ability to make sound technical decisions for complex systems, and help deploy/support feature-functionality according to the SDLC. You will become a subject matter expert pertaining to the infrastructure that delivers our services and partner with different cloud providers to ensure the systems are providing maximum uptime and top tier system performance.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience with multiple technology platforms, solid communication skills, works well within a team and cross teams, along with a desire to continue learning and striving for continual improvement.
1. Responsible for implementation, management, and maintenance of virtualized environments, servers, storage, network devices, and databases
2. Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
3. Work with various teams and vendors to provide infrastructure services
4. Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical resource on projects.
5. Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
6. Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that
services received meet expected requirements of contract
7. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users.
8. Defines systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
9. Participate in an on-call rotation
Required Education, Skills and Experience
• A bachelor's degree and/or 4 to 6 years relevant industry experience
• Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks,
hardware, software and telecommunications
• Strong working experience with the following technologies: Windows OS and/or Linux, Microsoft Active Directory, MSSQL Server, MYSQL, Apache, and IIS
• Good working knowledge around storage, networking, and the ability to script
• Knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
• Experience with incident ticketing systems
• Experience using monitoring tools and APMs
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with development teams strongly desired