Lead Software Test Engineer
• Provide technical leadership on test strategies, architecture and building of test automation frameworks and solutions with the systems team and other SW Test Engineers.
• As part of a scrum team, interface with developers and architects to understand the technical design of applications and ensure testability of the developed components/features
• Collaborate with development team in bug fixing and building sprint plans
• Develop & run automated & manual test procedures/test cases, including writing acceptance tests in parallel to code development
• Develop ongoing test automation environments to integrate acceptance & component tests into the continuous testing environment
• Responsible for reviewing and critiquing technical/functional tests, requirements and software design specifications.
• Work with the system team to develop performance, interoperability, reliability & system software test strategies, test specification and test cases.
• Collaborate with System Integration & Test team for overall Integration & System Testing
• Mentor other engineers on the team to develop high quality software test cases
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing engineering best practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wide critical programs.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in automated software testing that includes both front end and back end automation.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with ATDD/BDD automation/tools (Jbehave, Specflow, Cucumber, Robot Framework, etc)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience creating software test strategies/plans.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in object oriented software development using various programming languages (Java, C#, C++, etc)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell).
• Minimum of 1 years working as part of Agile Scrum Teams
• Working knowledge of Source Code Management Tools (Perforce/SVN/Git), software debugging tools, emulators etc.
• Good understanding of Test Driven & Acceptance Testing/Behavior-Driven Testing concepts
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead communications across different team structures/positions on test strategy and deliverables.
• Demonstrated technical testing excellence; ability to articulate, solve, and close on technical problems.
3+ years of experience working in the regulated medical device industry
• Experience with multiple types of testing techniques (black box, white box, challenging, manual, regression, smoke, performance, HALT, HAST, etc)
• Experience in building large software systems/products, software platforms & computer networking
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies (hypervisors, vsphere, Docker)
• Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity, prioritize conflicting asks and adapt to changing project situations
• Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
• Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and having the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
• Clear thinking: simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely