MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Windows Systems Administrator
As a Windows Systems Administrator, you would be responsible for planning, installation and documentation for Windows specific enterprise scale infrastructure hardware and software, identifying areas for improvement, problem identification and resolution and the education of other support and operations personnel.
- Strong knowledge of Windows based operating systems both server and desktop
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including root-cause analysis
- Experience with virtualization management (VMware)
- Experience working in an ITIL environment
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Internal DNS, ADFS
- Microsoft SCCM and SCOM
- Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Skype/Teams
- Windows File/Print services including DFS
- Clustering Technologies
- Disaster Recovery / Backup and Restore Tools and Techniques
- A degree or a minimum of 5 Years of Enterprise Level Work Experience preferred for candidate submission
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, etc.
- Cloud infrastructure using Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure
Responsibilities and Skills
- Develop robust and secure server images and patches using automated deployment tools
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead team and individual project or operations assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements and assist in capacity planning
- Investigate and resolve system problems or performance issues
- Proactively identify areas that need improvement and develop solutions to address them
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis to maintain a stable and secure environment
- Upgrade and manage administrative tools and utilities
- Develop and maintain team documentation
- Interact with application teams to answer questions, resolve problems and address requests
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation