PeopleSoft Project Manager
Madison client has immediate contracting need for PeopleSoft Project Manager with Campus Solutions Financial Aid experience. This person will be responsible for configuration of Campus Solution Financial Aid (FA) module to better meet their business needs. This work includes helping reengineer FA functionality to reduce customizations, decrease processing time, and improving day to day service transactions. This role requires someone with experience in FA day-to-day activities and first-hand knowledge of the requirements within the financial aid profession.
Consultant Title: “PeopleSoft Financial Aid Implementation Consultant”
• Must have solid competency in configuration and implementation of the PeopleSoft Financial Aid Module
• 6+ years of experience working in an academic institution
• 6+ years of experience leading requirement workshops with over 15 people on projects spanning over 2 years. Strong Project Management abilities.
• Strong Leadership abilities.
• Strong data, application and integration technical skills.
• Experience creating workflows diagrams, relationship maps, use cases, context diagrams, and test plans.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Well-developed skills with Visio, MS-Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Experienced working in a deadline-driven environment, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery.
• Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks.
• Demonstrated competency in documenting solutions for both technical and functional audiences.
• Experience with testing, including end-to-end system testing is a plus.
• Demonstrated competency in documenting solutions for both technical and functional audiences
• Experience with testing, including definition and execution of test plans and scenarios
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs/requirements
• Assess needs for application and integration.
• Work independently with staff to assist them, guide them and mentor them to identify solution options.
• Participate as a team member to achieve successful business process reengineering.
• Follow through with teams to ensure consistent solutions and continuous improvement.
• Take full ownership of and accountability for assigned tasks
• Communicate on status to management and teams.
Desired Proactive Behaviors
• Proactive – operates and communicates while there is still time to put alternate plans into place
• Operates with a sense of urgency
• Meets commitments and is upfront and proactive in communicating rare instances where commitment
targets are in jeopardy
• Analyzes issues, proposes solutions, and then takes ownership of their execution
• Works effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles
• Works effectively with peers from other areas of the project
• Ability to prioritize issues and then work them with determination until they are completely closed
• Acts with integrity at all times
• Works to understands project governance model and operates effectively within it
Education and Qualifications
• An educational background with a Bachelor’s degree or higher (or 5+ years in Financial Aid Consultant role)