Sr. Software Engineer in Test
This is a Senior Software Engineer in Test role which is highly impactful and visible role to help define the way we develop, verify and validate our products and features. This role will be responsible to show the magic of automation to ensure we are building the right product and building the product right.
This role will collaborate with software engineers, product owner(s), engineering manager(s), architect(s) to not only design and build automation code, but also provide inputs into creating test strategy, test plans & contribute to building a robust automation framework.
In this role, you will:
• Develop and contribute to automation test strategy and test plans to ensure high levels of product quality.
• Build and maintain an automated test suite for the product which will be used to validate all aspects of the product (including functional, performance tests, security testing, etc)
• 5 to 7 years of Experience developing software using Java or C#
• Strong object oriented design experience leveraging design patterns to design and build scalable, reusable code.
• Experience with Selenium, BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Jbehave or similar tools preferred.
• Experience implementing/testing web services preferred(SOAP/REST;Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
• Strong collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills, being a change agent to drive quality best practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 5+ years of Experience developing software using Java or C#
•Client Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
• Experience working on software projects in the healthcare domain, dicom, hl7 standards preferred.
• Experience with SQL Server is a plus
• Willingness to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to self-organize and work independently with minimal direction as part of a scrum team
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with best practices like Test Driven development, Behavior Driven Development is a plus
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignment with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit